DIRECTOR, LEGAL THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Singapore Academy of Law
(A) Ideate the Strategy and execute plans to drive legal thought leadership to fulfil the following objectives:
- Promote the international profile of Singapore law and Singapore as a global legal solutions hub.
- Consider proposals or reform in areas of concern to SAL members and new cutting-edge areas (e.g. AI generated derivative works).
- Formulate and propose areas of focus to a commissioning panel made up of SAL members (judiciary, legal service officers, lawyers and academics).
- Create and manage specialist working groups and advisory panels to assist in development of proposals or reforms.
- Facilitate thought leadership through discussions of issues.
- Represent SAL in relevant Singapore government committees as required.
(B) Ideate the Strategy and execute plans to drive convergence of Asian commercial laws to fulfil the following objectives:
- Lead ABLI to fulfil its mandate of driving legal convergence to facilitate cross-border commercial transactions in Asia.
- Formulate and articulate the public value proposition of ABLI and implement initiatives to grow ABLI’s brand name and mindshare in the Asian legal convergence sphere.
- Cultivate business networks and partnerships across key government, business, legal, and academic leaders throughout the Asian region.
- Ensure ABLI’s thought leadership agenda ties into and supports the SAL strategic vision by leveraging the perspectives of key internal and external partners.
- Measure and report on ABLI’s impact towards Singapore’s strategic objectives as well as in driving legal convergence in Asia.
- Ensure that ABLI upholds good corporate governance and continues to be financially sustainable in its operations.
- Develop and execute plans (e.g. fundraising, monetisation of Intellectual Property) to financially support ABLI’s mission.
(C) General Management and Operations
- Provide leadership and coaching to teams.
- Monitor and ensure the attainment of SAL Thought Leadership’s Key Performance Indicators for each of its Key Result Areas (ABLI, law reform and promotion of Singapore law).
- Maintain oversight of activity and output of various projects and teams under SAL Thought Leadership (ABLI, law reform and promotion of Singapore law).
- Take responsibility for financial management that requires operating within the approved budget and to ensure effective resource utilization.
- A dynamic leader with proven thought leadership and strategic planning skills.
- Background in dealing with APAC legal and business issues, international trade, government affairs, public affairs, preferred. Candidate(s) with prior experience in private international law, cross-border commercial transaction work and data regulation will have an advantage.
- Media trained and accustomed to organizing, moderating, and participating in all forms of panels and round tables.
- Experience providing commentary in news publications (such as the Financial Times, Bloomberg, Nikkei Asia or equivalents).
- Strong ability to influence and collaborate with key stakeholders. Must be able to establish and build a good network of valuable contacts; and
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. LLM/JD/MBA).
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume, stating your current / expected salary and date of availability to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.