Always felt VIPs are important but never real (they tend to be proxies)? Do you agree Serverless is a misnomer? Or that the Chef can't cook up a dish? Did you always think Cognito is a legit antonym of Incognito?
If you know what we are talking about & have mastery in operating cloud infrastructure, WE WANT YOU!
We are an established, progressive and forward-looking organization, and we are looking for motivated and innovative technology geeks for our growing teams. Engineering and solutions delivery aren’t for everyone but if you have what it takes to succeed, be the first to apply! We would like to chat with you about your calling and prospects!
- Be responsible for the cloud infrastructure in terms of: scalability, availability, performance, (cost & resource) efficiency, capacity planning;
- Spend lesser than 50% of the time working through our vendors in carrying out the day-to-day IT operation such as: performance monitoring, attending to issues, manual intervention and service requests (infrastructure provisioning, deployment, data/system backups, patching and disaster recovery)
- Be responsible for system administration tasks such as OS & application patching, software upgrades, backup, restore, etc. for our cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure);
- Drive troubleshooting, incident response/ resolution and blameless post-mortems;
- Be responsible to maintain services once they go live by measuring and monitoring availability, performance, and overall system health;
- Strive to streamline and secure cloud infrastructure management by proactively monitoring and protecting system boundaries, application deployment and release status, automating manual tasks, and keeping systems secured.
- Spend most of the time on development tasks such as writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), continuous improvement, and driving initiatives to improve automation, scalability and reliability:
- Develop automation code for change control, configuration management, deployment and maintenance of infrastructure and applications through CI/CD pipeline;
- Improve service resiliency through high levels of automation, to effectively detect/ predict/ prevent issues in the environment;
- Develop and fine-tune change & incident management processes across teams;
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity;
- Automate provisioning by IaC and Configuration-as-Code (CaC);
- Review resource/ workload to optimise cost.
- To enjoy cloud, systems and security management, and relentlessly automating work.
- Related cloud experience attested by certifications in SysOps, DevOps (AWS preferred).
- Three or more years of hands-on experience operating and maintaining systems running on Cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred).
- Proven experience in various IaC/ CaC tools. E.g., Ansible, Terraform.
- Hands-on experience administering Unix & Windows operating systems as well as automating with shell scripts.
- Deep appreciation of infrastructure and application monitoring, logging, alerting, release and configuration management.
- Deep understanding in networking (e.g. HTTP protocol, TCP/IP, routing tables, network topology, load balancers, DNS, NTP).
- Experience in standard IT security practices (e.g., encryption, certificates, key management).
YOU WILL CATCH OUR ATTENTION IF YOU:
- Have proven experience in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), DevSecOps or FinOps practices and methodologies.
- Have experience in operating containerised workloads (using Docker, Kubernetes).
- Have experience operating internet-facing 24/7 high-load applications (e.g. eCommerce).
(Salary range: $5,000 to $7,000)