The Singapore Academy of Law’s vision is to make Singapore the legal hub of Asia. We work with our stakeholders to set new precedents of excellence in Singapore law through developing thought leadership, world-class infrastructure and legal solutions. As a body established by statute, SAL also undertakes statutory functions such as stakeholding services and appointment of Senior Counsel, Commissioners for Oaths and Notaries Public.
- Create content by commissioning authors, acquiring/licensing content and, where applicable, writing content for publication in print and digital
- Drive the creation of new content for new and existing print and digital products by:
- carrying out horizon-scanning research on practice areas, content and technology offerings and services within Singapore and globally to identify and translate opportunities to grow or enhance content offerings
- carrying out regular review and market engagement to gather feedback and assess viability of new and existing products
- determining angle, scope and depth of coverage of content
- conceptualising new products
- Work with the Content Development Team to identify content in existing products that can be adapted, improved or enhanced
- Evaluate the quality of the content, in consultation with the Content Development Team, by assessing the quality or seeking subject matter experts to do so
- Actively engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders, partners, collaborators, authors, subject matter experts, content providers
- Work closely with other teams on technical and operational matters relating to content mediums
- Assist in negotiating and managing contracts and other administrative matters
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Team in the marketing and promotion of content offerings, provide content, input and feedback on marketing collateral, product launches and ongoing marketing efforts of products, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in law with at least 3 years’ PQE
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal, writing, communication and presentation skills
- A self-starter with drive, initiative and a big-picture perspective
- Comfortable with interfacing, engaging and working with a cross-section of internal and external partners
- Ability to grasp business concepts and their implications
- Have an understanding of SEO and social media
- Candidates with an interest in legal publishing and familiarity with digital publishing would have an advantage
- Fresh graduates will be considered if they show aptitude
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.