- Edit law books and journals by focusing on content structure, grammar and spelling, and ensuring conformity with house style. Provide constructive comments on manuscript; identify ways to improve the flow of the content.
- See manuscript through all production stages of the publishing process (ie, from manuscript to final product).
- Manage authors and freelancers, eg, guide authors through the publishing process, obtain approval for edited manuscripts, chart a publishing schedule, monitor deadlines and follow up to ensure timeliness of project.
- Ensure quality of the work is first-rate. Publications are published in a timely manner.
- Maintain warm, professional relationships with external (authors and freelancers) and internal (intra-departmental) stakeholders.
- Administrative duties, eg, e-mail chasers, arrange payment for typesetter/ tablers/ cover designers once project is completed, provide book highlights to Sales & Marketing for writing marketing copy, e-publishing articles on Journals Online, putting together costings, etc.
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written
- A good Degree with 3-5 years of prior academic editing/publishing experience is preferred
- Knowledge of the publishing process and familiarity with editorial milestones
- Quick to grasp house style requirements
- Meticulous and organised with an eagle eye for detail
- Able to multi-task and cope with numerous publications concurrently
- Have a keen awareness of deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and able to work under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Works well individually and in a group
- Ability to learn on the job and work independently
- Candidates with formal legal training will have an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Have a love for the written word
This is a contract to permanent position.
Interested candidates are invited to apply here
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.