The Singapore Academy of Law’s vision is to make Singapore the legal hub of Asia. We work with our stakeholders to set new precedents of excellence in Singapore law through developing thought leadership, world-class infrastructure and legal solutions. As a body established by statute, SAL also undertakes statutory functions such as stakeholding services and appointment of Senior Counsel, Commissioners for Oaths and Notaries Public.
- Conceptualise, design, organise and support the Academy’s curricula and programmes, including online and digital learning content;
- Design and keep updated skills and competencies maps for various job roles in the legal sector;
- Conduct training needs and market analysis as well as environmental scanning of the legal education landscape and legal education pedagogy’s best practices. Obtain and analyse feedback obtained from learners to evaluate the effectiveness of the Academy’s curricula and programmes;
- Engage in the business development of the Academy’s learning activities, including raising awareness of the Academy’s programmes, actively exploring opportunities and pursuing leads; recommending and proposing programmes and services that will meet the needs of local and international clientele; as well as identifying new markets and emerging trends to develop new strategic partnerships and for capacity-building;
- Assist the Senior Director in managing the LPD Cluster for performance excellence as well as review and streamline operational processes to improve quality and productivity to meet the key performance indicators of the Cluster;
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Law from an approved university with at least 5 years post-qualification experience in a law firm, legal department, or legal academia / learning and development, or equivalent.
- Master’s degree or other professional qualification / certification in education or adult learning, or equivalent experience, would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of legal education sector and national policy in legal education – in local and global contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop competency frameworks, plan curriculum and design learning and development programmes would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise and execute research activities and translate findings into recommendations for learning and development initiatives.
- Evidence of experience and skills in building positive and productive relationships, with colleagues and other stakeholders. A mature global network of contacts relevant to the role would be an advantage.
- Evidence of aptitude in working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex learning and development projects.
- Evidence of sound financial management skills and commercial awareness will be an advantage.
- Appreciates and comfortable using a range of technologies relevant to the role.
- Able to read, speak and write English with advanced fluency.
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.